The 90’s are coming back at us full swing! I am super excited about this because I have been wearing over the knee socks like a freak since elementary school and now everybody else is as well!
Anyway, here’s how to master the bra over shirt trend like a boss
1) Do not actually wear your bra on the outside. HAHAHHAHAA. Duhhhh….I just had to include this for shits and giggles. A bralette, like the hellurrr <$5 one I’m wearing above, is an excellent choice. Or, be even more interesting and wear laced, caged, velvet, leather, etc. type of bralettes.
2) You can throw a plain tight slightly cropped tee beneath the bralette and be a basic bitch, or you can be a boss like me and wear a fabulously fascinating blouse like the one I am wearing above. Bell sleeved, embellished, structured shoulder, peplum, embroidered, the more bells and whistles, the merrier.
3) Throw on a waist belt to accentuate your waist. I have a boyish figure so adding little accents like this really polish my outfit and make me look more feminine. But a waist belt is really flattering on any body type!
I think a lot of woman are a little intimidated by the wide leg pants trend. But, it is quickly becoming a staple piece in every girl’s closet. This 70’s inspired trend is actually very versatile and can be paired with a plain tee, or a structured blouse, or a crop top, etc. I chose to wear it with a simple bandeau today, which normally has a straight neckline but I bunched the center together with a safety pin to make a sweetheart neckline. hehe.
How to Rock the Wide Leg Pants Trend:
1. Pick out a pair of wide leg pants with a modest flair– not too slim and not too wide. The extremely billowy wide leg pants Kourtney Kardashian is sporting swallows up her petite frame and is very unflattering. She already has an extreme amount of synthetic volume in her chestal region and the added volume from her pants results in one big voluminous mess. I love you Kourtney but it’s extremely difficult for a short woman to pull off such a large degree of pant-horizontal-spread.
2. Get your pants tailored. Most dry cleaners have a seamstress, and it usually doesn’t cost that much to have them adjust the length of your pants for you. Mine cost $5. Wearing an ill-fitting piece adulterates your entire look and makes you look less put together.
3. Wear it with a great pair of heels. If you opt to wear flats, and you’re not a lanky beanpole glamazon, chances are you will look like a corpulent mushroom transplanting itself throughout town all day. I found my metallic heels on the nine west clearance rack for $15!
4. Wear at least one enticing piece with your wide leg pants. My items of enticement are the sweetheart bandeau and the beautiful lace kimono I scored for $10 in Korea. Your enticing piece could also be a statement necklace, a structured peplum or off shoulder top, an embellished clutch… ANYTHING that’s a pop of WOW.
5. Wear your look with confidence! *hair flip* I say this half giggling because I’m the biggest introvert and a bit shy with strangers. But, I do know how to quietly own my look and I advise you all to quietly or loudly do the same.
Also, I just joined Bloglovin! I’m kind of a sloth when it comes to social media. Anyway, it’s a fun lil platform I just discovered (that 20 million other users found before me!) It allows you to follow all of your favorite blogs and keep them organized. You can download the android app here and the apple app here. Follow my blog with Bloglovin.